Desktop Management involves managing the state’s personal computers, PC software, printers, scanners and local area networks (LAN). LAN Services provides software/hardware support that covers installation and maintenance of any standard software/hardware.
Workstation software includes:
- operating system software
- word processing
- document publishing
- system utilities
- networking applications
Workstation hardware includes:
- hard drives
When software/hardware is approved through the moratorium process, LAN Services will attempt to provide the following:
- Installation of the software/hardware.
- Test installation to verify software/hardware works.
- Limited troubleshooting.
When problems arise with non-standard moratorium approved software/hardware, LAN Services will use the following resources to try and solve the problem:
- Internal resources - technicians, developers
- Microsoft TechNet
- Manufacturer support
- Attempt work around
- Executive and Legislative Branches
- Constitutional and Elected Offices
What We Provide
- Statewide coverage.
- Software/hardware/network installation.
- Troubleshooting standard and non-standard software/hardware.
- Recommendations on what to purchase.
- Software assistance.
- Project participation.
- Workstation imaging/cloning.
- Contact the BIT Help Desk with issues or concerns and cleary state the problem.
- Please be available when high priority issues occur.
- Copy of software and installation instructions for non-standard software.
Major Investment Costs
- Staff and other resources.
- Hardware and software tools.
- Remember to reboot before contacting the Help Desk.
- All items are covered in the BIT User Fee which is billed monthly to agencies per user ID.