BIT maintains server rooms in multiple locations used to house electronics such as servers, network equipment and storage devices. Environmental Management includes providing the infrastructure to ensure equipment is well- insulated from outside disruptions.
- Executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches
- Constitutional and Elected Offices
- Board of Regents
- K-12 Education
What We Provide
- Un-interruptible power supply (UPS) in addition to city power.
- Air conditioning and humidity control.
- 24/7 monitored environment.
- Physical security.
- Fire suppression.
- Vault storage.
- Disaster recovery environments.
- Whenever possible, use equipment that meet state standards to facilitate the sharing of equipment among several applications.
- When starting a project, identify equipment needs, so BIT has sufficient time to ensure adequate environmental controls will be in place when the hardware is brought online.
- Accurate estimations of server resource requirements early in a project can reduce the number of physical devices needed to support the system, and in turn, reduce the environmental resources needed to maintain the hardware.
Major Investment Costs
- Diesel motor generators.
- Battery backup UPS units.
- Fire monitoring and suppression systems.
- Room specific air and climate conditioners.
- Large capacity power circuits.
- Raised floor environment.
- Support consolidated data centers.
- Use shared data storage devices.
- Use shared networks.
- Support server virtualization.
- The costs for these services are incorporated into all Data Center processor usage and subscription fees, as well as the Infrastructure Information Management fee.
- Special server and/or storage device requirements may be subject to additional expenses which will be passed on to the requesting agency.