Hardware support covers installation and maintenance of any standard hardware. The BIT Parts Center provides repair parts for all standard supported devices. Parts for devices are based on the following guidelines:
- If a device needs to be repaired and the cost of the part does not exceed the percentage value of the device at the time of repairs, the part that is broken will be replaced with a like part at no cost to the agency.
- If the cost for repairs exceeds the percentage value of the device at the time of repairs, the Parts Center will not provide a “free” part to the agency. It becomes the agency’s decision to make the repair. However, if the Parts Center has a used part on the shelf that is in working order, the agency would receive the part at no cost. The defective part would have to be turned in at that time.
If any hardware fails out of the box, it is the agency's responsibility to contact the vendor to receive a replacement device.
- Executive and Legislative Branches
- Constitutional and Elected Offices
What We Provide
- Installation and support of standard and non-standard hardware.
- Inventory of spare parts for all state standard computers and printers.
- Warranty service for state standard hardware.
- Memory upgrades for computers.
- Surplus computers and parts.
- Hardware replacement of broken parts.
- Troubleshooting hardware issues.
- Shipping parts to remote sites.
- If the computer is under warranty, an invoice is required to show proof of warranty.
- The agency is required to return all out of box failures to the vendor for replacement.
- If the cost of a part exceeds the percentage value of the computer, the agency must decide if they want to pay for the part.
Major Investment Costs
- Computer and printer parts.
- Warehouse for parts storage.
- Surplus parts and computers are provided at no charge.
- All items are covered in the BIT User Fee which is billed monthly to agencies per user ID.
- Billable parts are billed at cost.