Each state computer must have the appropriate licenses for software running on the computer, including standard software such as the operating system and office as well as client access licenses and agency specific software.
Agencies have many unique pieces of software required to provide the services of their business. This software must be purchased by the agency, but is installed and supported by BIT.
Agency specific software requires a moratorium request. Moratorium guidelines include the following:
- Moratoriums are only for the item and quantity listed in the request.
- New moratoriums are required for additional purchases or installations even if they have been previously approved.
- New moratoriums are required for full version upgrades of a previously approved item.
When software/hardware is approved through the moratorium process, LAN Services will attempt to provide the following:
- Installation of the software/hardware.
- Test installation to verify software/hardware works.
- Limited troubleshooting.
When problems arise with non-standard moratorium approved software/hardware, LAN Services will use the following resources to try and solve the problem:
- Internal resources - technicians, developers
- Microsoft TechNet
- Manufacturer support
- Attempt work around
- Executive and Legislative Branches
- Constitutional and Elected Offices
What We Provide
- Statewide coverage.
- Software/hardware/network installation.
- Troubleshooting standard and non-standard software/hardware.
- Recommendations on what to purchase.
- Software assistance.
- Project participation.
- Workstation imaging/cloning.
- Contact the BIT Help Desk with issues or concerns and cleary state the problem.
- Please be available when high priority issues occur.
- Copy of software and installation instructions for non-standard software.
Major Investment Costs
- Staff and other resources.
- Hardware and software tools.
- Remember to reboot before contacting the Help Desk.
- Use the built-in Help functions of the software of problems occur.
- All items are covered in the BIT User Fee which is billed monthly to agencies per user ID.