BIT provides several services to the Public Safety Community of South Dakota. These include statewide radio communications, access to state and local records and criminal databases and support for accessing those databases through mobile devices.
- State Law Enforcement
- Local Law Enforcement
- Local and state first responders
- Local and state support agencies (Department of Transportation, Department of Public Safety)
- Federal Public Safety
- Tribal Public Safety
What We Provide
- Statewide radio network for over 18,000 registered radios
- Installation services for state agencies
- Technical support for state dispatch services
- Technical support for facility/campus radio systems
- Training and technical support for all radio system users
- Keep the radio and radio programming current.
- Be familiar with and use established radio system protocols.
Major Investment Costs
- Statewide trunked radio network.
- Mobile and portable radios for state/local/tribal/federal users.