Telephone services is the general use of equipment to provide voice communication over distances, specifically by connecting over a wired or wireless network. When it comes to using Centrex and setting up voicemail, please refer to the state telephone network guide that BIT has developed for client usage.
- Executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches
- Constitutional and Elected Offices
- Higher Education
- K-12 Education
- Local government
What We Provide
- Contract with wired telephone provider (currently Century Link).
- Contract with cellular provider (currently AT&T).
- Contract with wiring services for large/outside of Pierre projects.
- In-house wiring staff for smaller Pierre projects/trouble calls.
- Coordination of telephone and cellular devices for clients.
- Contract and management of Mitel VOIP phone systems.
- Contract and management of voice mail services.
- Contract and management of long-distance (toll) services.
- Coordination of installation and repairs for telephone devices.
- Coordination of installation for computer network wiring.
- Contract cabling services for statewide wiring projects/trouble tickets.
- Coordination of in-house wiring in Pierre/trouble tickets.
- Contract and management of toll-free number services.
- Contract and management of calling card services.
- Coordination and management of audio conferencing statewide.
- Coordination of installation and repair of telephone devices.
- Coordination of installation of computer network wiring.
- Coordination and design of voice traffic through line features.
- Coordination of traffic reporting and statistics.
- Coordination of cable records and 911 database.
- Research and design of new plant cabling.
- Assign an agency point of contact (telephone coordinator).
- Maintain current records of employee/telephone lines, authorization codes and calling cards.
- Agency representation at Facilities Planning Meetings (FPT).
- Provide accurate and timely work order/trouble ticket information to Help Desk for phone line adds/moves/changes.
- Update on-line state phone directory for their agency.
Major Investment Costs
- Telephone Conferencing System.
- Keep a current inventory of phone lines for your agency can eliminate paying for unused lines.